06 April 2008

Please sir, can I have s'more?

Went camping this weekend at Lake San Antonio - the location of the Wildlflower Triathlon. Good times and I'm happy that I trained on the course - I'll be doing the Olympic tri on Sunday, May 4th. I did WF in 2005 and 2006 so I knew that it was a hilly course, but actually being out there was totally worthwhile. I feel more confident about the event, though I'm still having an internal struggle about really, really, really wanting to finish faster than I did in 2006.

Internal brawling aside, I got to hang out with friends, get to know folks in the
SF Tri Club a little better and enjoy a weekend away from the city.

However, that was the last (and I'm pretty sure only) time I will camp and entirely skip out on s'mores. Seriously. Especially because there was dark chocolate available, regular AND cinnamon graham crackers and plenty of marshmellows. Silly, silly me. Friends, do not make this mistake yourself. I may find myself roasting marshmellows over my gas oven sometime this week.

Now, about that fire extinguisher that's been on my list of things to buy...

No comments: