Hola from Costa Rica. I came inside because of a little afternoon rain, but it has since stopped - so I'm going to type fast. Beware of typos and stream of consciousness...
Yesterday was my first full day here in Tamardino Playa. I woke up super early and went out to a beach called Avaellas (something like that) with an instructor. After a while I was able to get up in the whitewater - so after the wave has already broken. Then went back to my room and took a nice nap. Then a juice and some coffee and some play time at the beach - and then more surf again around 4pm, this time solo at the beach right in front of the surf camp. A kind of chill evening of dinner and then a little TV on DVD (thanks MW!) and early to sleep so... I could wake up and go out again at 6am this morning. We went to Playa Grande, where I got up again in the whitewater. The feeling of standing on the water and moving with the waves is amazing. I love it. Tomorrow I may move over to the green waves - catching waves that haven't yet broken.
The water here is so happy... warm and gentle, not like the cold and angry water at Ocean Beach in San Francisco. It's this magical non-sticky salt water too, so you get out and feel just fine. Taking that first sip of freshwater after being in the ocean sure is tasty though.
I'm trying to really relax. Not DO SOMETHING all the time. Just be okay with hanging out by the water, napping in the middle of the day, enjoying a book or magazine. Part of me wants to be seeing everything and constantly doing something, but a big part of the reason for this trip is just that - I need to calm the eff down and destress after school!
Speaking of school and learning... I really want to learn Spanish.
I haven't taken any pictures yet, but plan to bring my camera out to the beach sometime today.
Haven't made plans for the final three days of my trip yet. I have Sunday - Tuesday (I fly out on Wednesday) to do stuff like zip lines and maybe see the volcano. I'd like to stay somewhat close to Tamarindo just so I'm not spending a lot of time in transit, but I'm pretty open.
Ah - sunshine. I see a nice smoothie and some beach time in my very near future.
1 comment:
Don't worry too much about transit time - you get to see the beautiful scenery in transit, which was awesome!
Post a Comment