07 July 2009
Transportation next steps
My car and bike hate each other - a column that resonates with those of us who ride and drive (not that I drive in the city very often - it's stressful, I get lost and I'm bad at it)
My solution?
1. get an eye exam (since good distance vision seems like a nice thing to have when going > 20 miles an hour)
2. sign up for a motorcycle class
3. prepare to sell Fido (clean, get past history together, Kelley Blue Book value, Craigslist it)
4. sell my car
5. get zipcar for times when i need a car
6. buy a motorcycle + associated gear
7. continue to ride my bike for my daily commute, when drinking may be involved, etc, but have the additional freedom of motorcycling
Obviously, 5 could come before 3...and if I find any sort of awesome deals on gear (I've seen quite a few lightly used small helmets on CL), I'll get that too. Ideally, I'd like to use the proceeds from the sale of Fido to fund the motorcycle purchase.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Motorcycle = fun! I've had my drivers license endorsement for about 4 years now, but still haven't bought a motorcycle. I've been re-visiting it lately after I traded my Corolla in for a Chevy Tahoe...
Post a Comment