PDX is now saving 177,000 gallons of water EVERY EFFING DAY by upgrading their toilets to those super cool dual flushers.
I wanted to get an idea of what 177,000 gallons of water really looks like, since it's hard to imagine - and really, if we don't get what kind of difference we're making, it's really tough to appreciate the statistic. So, I Googled 177,000 gallons of water. I didn't really think anything would come of this one, but...it turns out that Norwalk Maritime Aquarium (listed on the Best Things to do in Westport, CT site) houses 177,000 gallons of water.
The Maritime Aquarium is approximately 140,000 square feet (13,000 m2) and has more than 177,000 gallons of water in its live animal exhibits. On exhibit are more than 2,000 marine animals and reptiles representing in excess of 300 species.So yeah, an aquarium holds 177,000 gallons of water. PDX is saving that amount DAILY. That's a lot of aquatic habitat, people. Cheers to you, PDX!
No comments:
Post a Comment