It feels strange to blog about a dating situation that's not part of a stand-up comedy routine. Still, even if it only lasts for two days, it's about time - for you, my lovely reader, and me, to enjoy a very sweet dating story. Hopefully this does not jinx it.
Background:
A friend wants to set me up with her housemate. She originally only told him about me, but since I was hardly ever able to make events at her place, she finally broke down and told me that she wants to get us together.
Saturday:
AM - Email on OkCupid. It's my friend's housemate! He stumbled upon my profile and had to write. He would be in SF on Sat and Sun - maybe we could meet up for coffee on Sunday morning? I sent back my # and said that I might be at the same concert as him on Saturday and yes, we should meet up.
PM - My day did not go as planned, thanks to some rain and intense fog. I didn't make it to the concert, so no meet-up, but eventually we talked. Planned for Sunday morning - 10am, he'd meet me at my house and we'd ride over to a coffee shop out by the ocean. Five miles seemed like a long bike ride for a cup of coffee, but he insisted that it was a good place and besides - aren't I a triathlete? Um. Yes. Right, I am. And I do like riding my bike around town, honestly though, I was a little intimidated - he's into biking and climbing and pretty much everything outdoorsy and from the couple of pictures I saw, he's obviously super fit and I didn't want to be huffing and puffing along side him, at least, not in the first two minutes that we meet. Whatever…I like good coffee and I like when men come forward with a plan.
Sunday:
He picked me up and it was a fun, chill ride out to the ocean. We ended up getting coffee and then breakfast, just a couple doors down from the coffee shop. Conversation was easy. He's super cute. Nice pale blue eyes. In between coffee and breakfast, I got a message that my friend wouldn't be coming to the concert in the park. Bummer! Blue eyes said he'd join me for the group I wanted to see at 1pm and then I was welcome to join him and his friends at another stage. We ended up spending the whole day together! His friends were very kind about adopting me, music was great. He was super prepared and brought snacks and extra clothes for people that may have forgotten about the incoming fog around 6pm. I couldn't say no when he offered to give my bike and me a ride back home. :) A few kisses may have been exchanged. Ooh la la! The kind of crappy part about two busy people trying to go out… we discovered that the only day this week we're both free is Monday.
So… he's picking me up tonight at 7pm with a plan. We shall see.
Side note - if you didn't go to Hardly Strictly Bluegrass this year, you should definitely try to go next year. There are so many great acts and you pretty much can't go wrong at any of the stages.
1 comment:
awesome! i want to see a picture!!
Post a Comment