Wise words from a friend who has been married for over (right?) 10 years, well before Facebook - and still gives rockstar advice (S)
K: So, I'm debating sending the new guy a FB friend request. I want to... but then there's that one that I dated earlier this year - kind of wish I hadn't friended him. I can't unfriend him, because we said we'd "be friends," and really, it's not a big deal.
S: Wait until it's serious enough that you would be comfortable changing your status to "In a Relationship" (I don't actually even have that line listed on my profile anymore, so this is theoretical, in my mind.). Also, once it's a big enough relationship such that it would be silly to not be friends.... if it ends, it would be silly to remain FB friends, because you'll need time apart.
S: Or, if he sends you a request, just accept it.
K: And not review all of this with him, because then he'll definitely know I'm crazy.
S: Well, you don't need to lift the veil quite so high.
So, there you have it. When to FB friend a guy you're dating.
2 comments:
I would so drop the old "friend" since most people don't even notice if you do drop them. It's not like FB sends you a note to tell you someone has dropped you. And really, do you want this dude to still be able to FB stalk you?
I'm with Amanda - I would have no problems dropping people once the dating is over.
ANYWAY - I would only be FB friends if he sent a request. And I would only update the "In a Relationship" status for an engagement.
Post a Comment