This week so far has been crazy.
Sunday - my friend and I were biking together and he crashed. Hard. Like broken clavicle, good thing we went the ambulance route hard.
Monday - I'm pretty sure the tequila I drank was not normal tequila (see Tuesday...)
Tuesday - Monday night I slept from 12:30am - 3am and then was totally awake. I did some homework until about 6am, then went back to sleep. Woke up an hour later to take my friend to the doctor's office to see if he was going to need surgery (he doesn't!). Got a call from another friend (big props, BP!) who had an extra ticket to see AL GORE! Got to meet Al "rock star" Gore and listen to him talk. A better post on this later when I'm near some of the notes I took. He was great. It took Mr. Gore a while to warm up, but eventually he was really witty and totally re-energized me with positive energy about working to combat climate change and improve sustainability practices in business. Needless to say, it was a late night because I still had to pack for my trip to San Diego.
Wednesday - Up at the crack of dawn to begin a day of so many forms of public transit. First to get to Berkeley for a school meeting, then eventually to Oakland Airport for a flight. A cross city bus. BART under the bay to Berkeley. Then a car to my classmate's house. Then another BART ride to the Oakland Airport stop and a bus ride to the Oakland Airport. All went very well considering I was exhausted and these were all new routes for me.
Thursday - I'm in San Diego visiting my sister. I got some news late last night that I'm working on processing. I'm sad, but hopefully that'll turn around soon and I'll feel better. AND around 4am this morning some crazy (strung out? drunk?) guy pulled a ladder up to the side of the apartment building to climb up to the balcony on the second floor (my sister is on the ground floor). We hear him climbing up the ladder, yelling all of these horrible things at someone, who must be his ex-girlfriend... it was really surreal and had I not been thinking it was a dream or something, we probably should have called the police. What a way to get woken up.
2 comments:
omg, your link to my blog is broke!
thank you for the comment - link has been fixed!
Post a Comment