23 October 2007

fortune

Wow. What an evening. I got home from work and should have done homework. Instead, I rode my bike out to the beach. Made it there just after sunset. The sky was amazing. There wasn't any fog, just vibrant shades of blue, pink and gold. The breeze was light and the ocean looked inviting (though really, quite chilly).

Tonight is unusually warm night in San Francisco and I am very fortunate to be a 5 mile bike ride away from the ocean.


Today is also my mom's birthday. I talked to her on the phone for a while and held the phone down near the waves so she could hear the soothing sound of the ocean. I feel like that was a pretty good birthday gift... the sound of the ocean, even though the ocean is very far away (she's in Illinois).

(No worries, fair readers. She got other presents too!)

No comments: