I am at Cafe du Soleil in the Lower Haight/Duboce Triangle area. Crazy conversation at the table across from me. A middle aged man & woman came in the cafe, nicely dressed, but also sort of date-y dressed. They start to talk about what they do. Or rather, what he does, which is something to do with TV. The situation is:
1. an interview for some sort of high-end match making service
2. a first date that was set up by a high-end match maker (maybe the lady who just showed up)
3. a job interview for the TV show?
4. some sort of brainstorming session about the TV show
5. settting up a reality TV show about dating
Interesting quotes so far...admittedly, the man is talking way louder so I can hear him pretty clearly. I'm sure the women are pretty hilarious as well, but I can't hear them as well.
Man: "My ex and the kids live in Italy now. So really, it doesn't seem like much has changed."
Man: "Sex should be fun. I couldn't have sex with an ugly woman."
Woman 1: "Not ugly. Unattractive."
Man: "Oh yeah, unattractive. But sex should still be fun."
Man: "Is a bunch of talking heads sitting in a room that interesting?"
Man: "You're all sitting around a table. The guy should ignore the pretty one. Go talk to the less attractive one. Then the pretty one, who's used to getting the attention, will come and talk to the guy."
Man: (about some TV show on VH1 right now) "It's more about getting laid than a long term relationship. It teaches guys tricks, so they want to watch it. Not that I've ever seen it."
Woman 1: "What if you've got a really pretty woman who's a hand model. She's wearing oven mitts because she has a gig tomorrow. The guy has to feed her at dinner because she can't use her hands. How long does he last?"
Man: "Guys are idiots." (kirby thinks: thank you for admitting that one)
Man: "Nice rack, I might go out with her again."
Discussion about - Attractive people match with attractive people. You watch people going into a bar and they gravitate towards those that are similarly attractive. In California. We're much more aware here. There isn't that appearance match so much in the Midwest. (kirby thinks: huh? do i do that? what about people that have really poor self esteem? how does one "size up" where they fit in a line-up? interesting topic, but short-lived. and don't even get me started about californians being more self-aware than midwesterners. that's hogwash. maybe midwesterners aren't as superficial, eh?)
Overall... seems like really, they are brainstorming about a new reality TV show about dating. Cuz yeah, we totally need another one of those (granted, this is coming from someone who doesn't currently own a TV... but I did finally start renting TV shows on DVD).
I am done. Earplugs in, need to focus. But I hope you all enjoyed this one as much as I did :)
No comments:
Post a Comment