14 September 2008

Work, running & Fido

Now for a three real updates.

1. I'm starting week two of work tomorrow. Week one was, well, lacking. As in lacking direction, a computer, a login, concrete planning... At least I managed to get access to the bike cage in the garage so I get to bike commute :)

2. Marathon training is in full-effing-swing. Six weeks until the big day (Oct 19. If you're in SF, come cheer me on!). I've been feeling great. Limited pain, keeping a solid pace, enjoying myself (though not enjoying the 8am start times on Saturday morning!). Until this weekend. My knee started hurting around mile 15. Ugh. Made for a long 22 miles. I'm stretching, icing and hitting the ibuprofen. Hoping to find a good sports massage therapist with an evening open this week! I'm pretty sure it's just my IT band acting up, which has bothered me in the past. It feels pretty much the same and is responding to the IT band stretches I've been doing. Still. Ugh. This was my big fear in training for the full marathon.

3. Fido died again last week. AGAIN due to the starter. Turns out it was a faulty part. Awesome. At least I made it to my first day of work. Orientation was all the way out in San Rafael, which required driving. It died just after I got off the expressway. Thank goodness for the ex-tow truck driver who pulled me off to the shoulder. On the bright side, I provided some business to Tom's Biodiesel Towing. Fido is now all better. The shop in Healdsburg provided the replacement part to a shop here in SF, so I only had to pay for labor twice. Not great, but that's how the warranty works on these things.

1 comment:

Diane said...

IT Band stuff? I hope not. Have you had it before? I was sidelined for quite awhile 2004-5 with IT Band syndrome. I was able to get it to go away and so far I haven't seen it again.