06 November 2007

job search begins... back where i started?

I graduate in May 2008, so it is time for me to get going on the job search. I'm not tied to San Francisco, though I love my friends, the city and the lifestyle. So I've been thinking that I'd open up my search to other areas, thinking that the city AND job would have to be pretty awesome to get me to move.

(though there would be something nice about having a fresh start somewhere new)

I hopped over to SustainableBusiness.com and found on their Green Dream Jobs listings...

-----

Sustainability Coordinator
University of Illinois at Urbana/ Champaign
Champaign, IL
US

Job Type: Full Time

The Division of Engineering Services of Facilities & Services of the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign (UIUC) seeks a Sustainability Coordinator.
-------
The rest of the listing is here.

In some ways, this qualifies as a dream job. But C-U? It was great for the 4.5 years of undergrad... EB is there, so I'd have a friend. And it's <3 hours to Chicago. But could I go from San Francisco to Champaign-Urbana???

Not that I really have to worry. I doubt I'd be the best applicant. But still. This job search thing is going to really make me think and possibly, make some very difficult decisions.

Your thoughts?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think you should keep all of your options open... be it C-U or Paris or Dallas, TX :)

Anonymous said...

Definitely apply, but look elswhere , too (like maybe central ny?....)

;-)

Gretchen said...

how about Chicago?!

Kris said...

+1 for Chicago.

But it would be interesting to see what it's like to live in C-U as a non-student.

Anonymous said...

This might sound strange...but that job posting is the exact job at C-U that my cousin just vacated for another job in St. Louis. He must be doing the same types of things you are. Strange huh? I think you'd be applying for his old job.

Anonymous said...

If you are going to consider moving out of SF, I think you should give a long, hard look at Oakland! With the different climate, it will be like a whole new area for you.

These so-called friends of yours are leading you the wrong way.

Stay in SF!

-Gary