And so I'm supposed to share 6 random things about me...
Hmm. So these are random, but not necessarily unknown things about me? Let's see if I can think of six things that you wouldn't have already gotten from my blog so far.
1. I have a mole/beauty mark in the shape of a heart on the right side of my face, near my eyebrow
2. I really want my mom to get a dog.
3. I did not play sports growing up. I was in dance until fifth grade, but I didn't do any sports until I was an alternate to the JV badminton team my junior year of high school. Given that I still wasn't ready for Varsity my senior year, I couldn't play my senior year. One of my good friends was the captain of the distance group for track and got me to join. Running's been part of my life since then.
4. I feel really uncomfortable in Asia. I don't like being so obviously - 1. a tourist and 2. different from everyone else. I'm also uncomfortable with this part about myself - I feel like it's really immature of me.
5. I have recently broken a multi-year addiction to perezhilton.com/
6. I'm volunteering for Barack Obama by doing phone banking, even though I hate getting calls from political candidates. You should go volunteer too!
2 comments:
Yay - thanks for playing. And I could kind of see how you might feel in Asia... we should discuss. Is it the lack of western toilets, do people stare at you (they stare at my co-workers), the language?
I totally get you about Asia. But I also think that every American white person should have to have an experience of being absolutely an obvious minority. And of being completely illiterate despite being well-educated. It gives perspective on the experiences of so many people in our own country. But maybe not with a tantruming blond two-year-old in tow. :-)
Re Obama - I would be the WORST volunteer ever right now. I've had an Obama sign in my driveway for three days now and haven't been able to get it put up by the road (Erich's out of town and I don't want the kids by the road. By the time they go to bed, it's cold and dark and I don't want to be by the road. etc).
Why doesn't Firefox's spellcheck recognize "Obama" as a word yet? They should really get on that.
Post a Comment