05 October 2008

Office Space, Marathon update and C3P0

I started writing this post a while ago - my 22 mile run was on Sept 27, for example. But, still potentially interesting or funny...

Work humor. First day I ride my bike to work, I get reprimanded by the garage person.

"So, do you work here?"

"Yes (uh, I showed my badge to get IN to the garage)"

"Yeah, I'm gonna have to ask you (at this point, I'm pretty sure that I've entered an alternate universe called Office Space) to WALK your bike in the garage."

"Uh, okay."

"Thanks. And be safe."

(My work is really big on safety. Seriously, at bigger group meetings, there's usually some sort of safety update or reminder.)



Marathon training is going well, especially after I got two sports massages in two weeks. My problems lie either in my IT band OR in my vastus lateralis, which is the big muscle in your quad http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quadriceps_femoris_muscle. Either way, I've been working it out on my foam roller and plan to do another massage the week before the marathon (Oct 19!). I just did 22 miles on Saturday and it went really well. So I'm totally sold on massage therapy.


I've been chipping away at the "list of things to buy when I get a job." Wedding presents are all sent out… and I bought C3P0, my new Garmin Forerunner 405. When I'm better at using it, I'll show off some pictures of my routes and elevation, etc.

No comments: