16 October 2008

Marathon is two days away...

And I need to iron my name on my shirt!

Lots of runners put their name on their shirt so that they can get random spectators to cheer for them. Given that I picked up some nervousness along with my race number this evening, I'm looking for all the help I can get (Can someone please remind the weather gods that this is San Francisco? Where the eff is my fog?)!

The back of my shirt is purely open real estate. Some thoughts:

1. 30 year old marathon virgin
2. marathon virgin (if i can't get some letters to look like a 3 and a 0)
3. VOTE ON NOV 4
4. Vote for Obama
5. Vote for Barack Obama
6. Obama | Biden 08
7. Cheer for me please
8. Am I there yet?
9. Any other ideas?

2 comments:

Diane said...

Not that I think you should do this, but I read somewhere about a guy putting the word "NADS" on the back of his shirt. Then throughout the race he had people yellng "GONADS" at him!

Good luck this weekend!

audgepodge said...

Hi Kelly - I posted some ideas here. How big are your letters? It might be tough to squeeze some of these in, esp. since you're so small! :) #2 or #4 might work well!