Some coworkers and I are doing a little experiment in self-improvement we're calling "The Bunny Project" (because we're doing it during Lent because of the convenient timing and Lent ends on Easter... and Easter has the bunny association).
1. No cheese
2. Push-ups & sit-ups daily (we were going to do 40 push-ups a day, but that may be a little extreme - TBD before Wednesday)
The no cheese part really shouldn't be so tough for me. I try to limit my dairy anyway since I have a hunch I'm somewhat lactose intolerant. I do just fine with, and enjoy the hell out of goat cheese, so that's the main cheese I'll potentially miss.
However, I'm torn on the following:
Cream cheese
Soy cream cheese
Cottage cheese
Soy/almond based cheese "products"
Cottage cheese seems silly to give up since it's so friggin healthy. I have it occasionally, but it's not a staple in my fridge. So I'm totally on the fence about this one.
Soy cream cheese, however, is part of one of my favorite snacks - rice cake + soy cream cheese + jam. I'm just whining about this because really, I think that the fake cheese should probably be avoided during T.B.P. because it's not really "good" for you - I mean, helllllo processed, non-whole food!
Oh, and I get a pass on my birthday. So if I want Chicago style pizza, I'll have it, damnit.
The push-ups and sit-ups should be interesting. We still need to iron out the details here, but I like the idea of strengthening my core - important for running & biking. I have a feeling that there will be some days that I'll forget, so we may need to come up with a make-up policy!
Anyway, if you're interested in joining, come on along... it'll be a fun, healthy ride!
No comments:
Post a Comment