14 February 2009

If I Twittered...

I'm not super comfortable updating my Facebook status on a regular basis. I don't Twitter. And I'm not likely to do the "25 Random Things About Me" FB post. But if I did any of these things, here are some things I might have said. Most of them really vain, superficial and pithy.

I'm angry that I did a marathon and am now unable to run >3 miles without pain. It's really tough to say that the marathon was worth it. Training for the marathon just highlighted muscle imbalances that I'm now working to fix with physical therapy 2x a week and lots of stretching and strengthening.

I *finally* look like a real biker when I'm at spin class. I've been riding consistently since 2005 - I remember being pissed off that my ex had these biker-y legs after biking for a few months... four years later, my quads have finally arrived.

That ex? He was my fiance.

Peter Sagal is my icon of humor.

Kirby is tired after dragging/pushing a 100 pound box (a new desk) up three flights of stairs.

Kirby just spent ~ $600 at Sports Basement. This was *after* the 20% off coupon.

Kirby just sent her mom and sister an un-ironic gift certificate to The Olive Garden. Seriously, my mom loves their "soup, salad & breadsticks" dinner. Nothing says "Happy Valentine's Day" like a breadstick.

My dad died when in 1990. He had pancreatic cancer. While the pancreatic cancer gene is not inherited, I'm doing what I can to limit my chances. Sodium nitrite, an ingredient found in many processed meats (bacon, sausage, salami), has been linked to pancreatic cancer. Bye, bye bacon! (actually, you can get nitrite-free bacon, etc.) I'm also generally fairly conscious of other behaviors that have been linked to cancer, since my grandma had breast cancer and ovarian cancer. I'm maintaining a healthy weight, I don't smoke, don't eat that much meat and eat mostly organics. Oh, and I eat dark chocolate and drink red wine.

Kirby had fun celebrating at Grace's bachelorette party/shower! Wonderful times with girl friends. However, is it horrible to think that her short, short dress (and aforementioned biker legs) were somewhat wasted on the older/tourist crowd at the Starlight Lounge?

Kirby is selling her old desk, loft bed and daybed frame + two twin matresses. Out with the old, in with the new!

I want to go on vacation with a boyfriend. I miss that. Applications for stand-ins or temporary boytoys available at the front desk.

I feel green guilt over my shower head. I don't think it's got any sort of water saving properties and I love standing in a hot shower for way too long. But then feel guilty. I need a new shower head and a timer so I don't stay in the shower for that long.

Kirby should be studying for the LEED AP exam.

Kirby is actually looking forward to the rain this weekend because it will force her to work on her new apt furniture and the LEED AP exam.

The coffee shop next door is closing. I'm so bummed - Mike, the owner - is such a sweet old man. He accepts my FedEx & UPS deliveries, sings little songs and makes great sandwiches. I will miss him, but I hope he enjoys a vacation - he's at the shop six days a week, from open till close.

I need to have more focus when I'm at work. Damned interwebs. I could be so productive...

Kirby is moutnain biking at Annadel. It is awesome.

Kirby is operating on minimal caffiene. And operating just fine!

I did a cleanse. www.blessedherbs.com/ -> the colon cleanse. I did not feel amazing or energetic or euphoric. I did feel hungry and sick of apple juice. I dreamt of eating oatmeal and celery sticks. I am not planning to do another one any time soon.

Kirby is excited to see what is in her CSA box this week!

Kirby is bruised from falling at Annadel. Mountain biking was still awesome.

7 comments:

Amanda said...

I know these "25 things" lists are everywhere now, but I still totally enjoy them! It's so entertaining to read! SOOO sorry about how you can't run much anymore. That sucks - but you did rock the Nike Marathon! Hugs girl!

Kris said...

Peter Sagal rocks. If you ever find yourself in Chicago on a Thursday evening, let me know - I work a block from the Chase Auditorium.

Good luck with the LEED AP exam - which one?

audgepodge said...

Awww... Kirby... I'm so sorry about the marathon... and yes, your awesome minidress was wasted at Starlite Lounge :P

I want to hear more about the $600 at SB - what did you get? And although I'm excited to see the "new place", I'm worried there will be no place for me to crash now (heehee)

kirby said...

Amanda - Thanks for the comment! I'm glad you enjoyed my list. I'll try to keep up with the random postings then.

Kristen - I'll be in Chicago in July for a cousin's wedding. Perhaps I should make this work out somehow. I'll check the calendar. Taking LEED AP NC. I should probably go EB, but they're not offering that one anymore, until they go with the new type of exam & accreditation. Booo. Are you a LEED AP Professional?

Audrey - We shall have to go out again sometime in SF where you can rock your amazing eyeshadow and I will don my minidress. A good part of my $600 at SB was on shoes - new bike shoes, running shoes (which I don't need right now, but they were on sale and I *will* need them) and a pair of Merrills - casual brown shoes. Still, insane. And no worries, I'll get an aerobed! You're always welcome to crash up here or just hang out!

Anonymous said...

Matt's taking some sort of LEED test in a couple weeks... don't know the details, but it's a lot of studying and has to do with green buildings.... :)

I, too, totally enjoy these lists. I'm a tween in adult clothes...wait, who am I kidding? I'm an adult who still dresses like a college kid...

sanjay said...

The digestive system forms the basis of our immune system and if we want to be healthy so supreme hoodia is improve in digestion system and control blood pressure etc.
super colon cleanse

sanjay said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.