09 March 2009

Method cleaning products!

I do occasionally use my own cleaning mixtures. Baking soda is great for getting grime off the stovetop. A mixture of vinegar, water & tea tree oil in a spray bottle is a good all-purpose cleaner. But...Method cleaning products. Love them. Non-toxic, biodegradable, new packaging that's made of recycled material, good scents, based in San Francisco, functional. At least one of my readers was the recipient of my new favorite baby shower/new mom gift - Method baby products!

And, they are one of the few consumer goods to get a Cradle to Cradle designation...
"The C2C certification process, administered by McDonough Braungart Design Chemistry (MBDC), looks for environmentally safe materials, design for material reutilization (recycling, composting, etc.), use of renewable energy, water and energy efficiency, and company social responsibility practices."

You can read the article here, or just get their dish soap, spray cleaner or laundry soap next time you need that kind of stuff. Trust me. (Cleaning wipes, on the other hand, I think are kind of stupid - just use a reusable rag and wash it. Though if you live in an area that has municipal composting, they are biodegradable.)

2 comments:

audgepodge said...

I believe you forgot the most important thing... "Available at Target."

Although I guess that's not as exciting for city folk. Oh, and I love the new blog pic :D

Amanda said...

We only use the Method baby products you sent us even though I had picked up some J&J stuff. It smells great and Alex loves it!! He can't wait to give his Auntie Kelly a big thank you hug!