Thursday went something like this:
Day:
Happy, but tired. Went to see Wicked on Wednesday and it was AWESOME. I haven't been to a big musical like that in years (like... Les Misérables in Chicago) and forgot about the sensory delights of the big theater. Amazing dancing, voices, the pit orchestra... colorful, moving sets, the story, the chills from hearing the singers hit those chords just SO... Worth a late school night out for sure.
Got a good amount of work done while singing the Wicked soundtrack in my head all day. (If you're at all into showtunes, go download the Broadway version now. Really.)
Evening:
Angry. Scared. My bike commute home was one of the most horrible rides of my life. I've never been so close to being hit so many times in one ride.
Night:
Excited, slightly delirious. Show up to meet date for a beer. I had met him once, briefly... so I was way pleasantly surprised to find him v cute! And smart and easy to chat with, despite this being only the second time we've met.
What? A guy that I'm actually interested in getting to know better? Oh, that must be the right time to get all sorts nervous, lose most powers of speech and turn up the ditz level by a few notches.
By the end of two beers and a surprise pub quiz night, he has found out that I:
Day:
Happy, but tired. Went to see Wicked on Wednesday and it was AWESOME. I haven't been to a big musical like that in years (like... Les Misérables in Chicago) and forgot about the sensory delights of the big theater. Amazing dancing, voices, the pit orchestra... colorful, moving sets, the story, the chills from hearing the singers hit those chords just SO... Worth a late school night out for sure.Got a good amount of work done while singing the Wicked soundtrack in my head all day. (If you're at all into showtunes, go download the Broadway version now. Really.)
Evening:
Angry. Scared. My bike commute home was one of the most horrible rides of my life. I've never been so close to being hit so many times in one ride.
Night:
Excited, slightly delirious. Show up to meet date for a beer. I had met him once, briefly... so I was way pleasantly surprised to find him v cute! And smart and easy to chat with, despite this being only the second time we've met.
What? A guy that I'm actually interested in getting to know better? Oh, that must be the right time to get all sorts nervous, lose most powers of speech and turn up the ditz level by a few notches.
By the end of two beers and a surprise pub quiz night, he has found out that I:
- am slightly lactose intolerant*
- do not have a car
- do not have a tv
- do not have a couch
- that I knit
- that I have a cat
- that I live in a small studio
- that my college undergrad major doesn't really exist anymore
I'm going to have to bust out one hell of a hilarious/intelligent/flirty "had a fun time" text/email response to try to convince him he should go out with me again.
*This came out of a conversation that began with the debate about Fat Tire vs. Sierra Nevada. CP and I have found that most people really like one or the other, but not both. Of course, this dude had to go and eff with our data by liking both. His debate was Cheese or Oral Sex. As in, if you had to choose between the two for the rest of your life, which would you pick. It was easy for me, given that I don't eat a ton of cheese anyway b/c of the whole lactose intolerance thing.
3 comments:
I would choose oral sex too and as you know I have no problem with downing the cheese. Don't worry friend, we always give guys second chances when they are nervous. Cute boys just turn up the nerves!
You just left out all the awesome stuff he learned about you. I don;t know about this guy, though - what kind of person would make that choice?
Also, if forced (by whom? What fiend would do this!?!) - I'd choose cheese. There's other ways to get off ladies.
I like Fat Tire and Sierra Nevada.
Post a Comment