26 May 2010

dating snob

Yay! Comments...

M-dub said...


I love More Snark!

And agreed that "wassup" + wifebeater = meh, at best. (Was that the tattooed bicycle racer?)
---------------------
Nope. Of course, the (cute) tattooed bicycle racer hasn't written me back yet. Not even to say "wassup"... and even though *he* initiated it.
The wifebeater'd wassup guy. Hmm... Well, as it turns out, his *only* picture is the one where he's rocking the wifebeater. And it just so happens to be a Diesel wifebeater. Yeah. 

Otherwise, it's been pretty quiet. A few randoms here and there that say hello and then I say hello, thanks... but no thanks because xyz (usually due to geography, age, interest, something aside from "I don't find you remotely attractive.") Gotten enough emails from guys who live far away, so I've added a line in my profile that says that I find it enough of a challenge seeing my friends that I can't get to via BART/MUNI/bike ride (xoxo San Jose ladies!) and that I'm not interested in seeing someone who lives far away. Still got a guy from San Jose who wrote back AGAIN saying that he's in SF "all the time." Crap. Just say "I don't have a car and don't want to go out with someone who lives in SJ," or ignore? 
It's stuff like this that makes me realize that pictures and a profile are super important. Oh, and that I'm a total dating snob. If I thought that he was super attractive or hilarious or we had a ton in common, I'd probably suggest we get together sometime when he's in SF. But, based off four pictures and a few lines (his profile is really short and vague and uninteresting) of text, I'm saying that there's no chance that it would work out and just saying no. Oh well. There are plenty of dudes out there that aren't knocking down my (online) door....

No comments: