01 June 2010

Have we met before?

The latest (not a direct quote, but pretty close to it):
You look really familiar. Maybe we know each other from somewhere, or I've just seen you around town. You sound interesting. Want to go get a drink.

My response (also not exact, since this *is* the NOW WITH MORE SNARK edition of the Online Man Safari):
Yes, dumbass. We went out once. A few years ago, when we were both on Match. You said you were 5'8" and you're actually about 5'4". Since I know that shorter guys do tend to inflate their height a little bit, I gave you the benefit of the doubt and purposely wore flats. Height aside, you're also not that bright. I know this because I have the sense of humor of a 12 year old boy and you didn't get my jokes.

Oh, and your band sucks.

3 comments:

audgepodge said...

LOL!!! Sadly, I had a similar experience that I will share next time we catch up.

Oh, K, you kill me. I hope your real response was pretty close to that!

M-dub said...

Heh. That's pretty funny. I do hope that, at a minimum, the word "dumbass" was included in the actual response.

kirby said...

My real response was very much not like that. I didn't use dumbass, I was very polite. I even said something like "I hope you enjoyed the long weekend."

He responded that he was, in fact, an idiot for not recognizing me. And then asked if I was going to a concert later this summer.

Yeah... I'm not responding again.