04 September 2007

Pictures, pilates and planes

...Sigh...I wish I could have made more out of the long weekend, but I got caught up on my reading for school AND did a lot of work in my apartment. I have unpacked all the boxes in the living space of my apartment (there's probably one box of random stuff in the closet), put together all of my Ikea furniture and hung some pictures on the walls. This is pretty much the first time I've put so much effort into my apartment - I guess because I plan on being here for a while and because it's just me here in my little 150 square feet of peace.

So I said I'd update on my exercising. It's going... but not great.
Friday... yoga
Saturday... 30 mile bike ride. Beautiful day to ride in Marin.
Sunday... nada, studying. Save for a quick ride to GG Park.
Monday... just some bike commuting to North Beach for dinner.
Tuesday... pilates.

Going to try to stick with pilates on Tues/Thurs. Why? Because the instructor is this super positive, smiley, happy guy. He's big on taking little breaks to smile, think happy thoughts. At the end of class you lay down and do a sort of "corpse" pose like at the end of yoga classes - and he talks you through a visualization. Today it was jumping out of an airplane (with a parachute!). I dig having some time to focus my mind while I'm also exercising my body.

Thinking happy thoughts... like what? What makes you happy? Picture yourself blissfully happy. Where are you? Who are you with? Maybe you're alone. Maybe you're somewhere other-worldly. Or you're doing something simple. Maybe you're in your house. Is it loud or quiet? Are you active or relaxing? Indoors or outdoors? Day or night?

1 comment:

Amanda said...

You are depressing me. Even the days when you say you have no exercise - you TOTALLY do. Um let's see - when I say I have no exercise - that means I don't move from my couch and computer all day. You are inspiring!