12 February 2008

Foghorn Leghorn

After a few weeks of mostly grey skies and rain, we've had a stretch of some wonderfully sunny days here in San Francisco. But in the evenings, a very thick fog just rolls in and covers the city in mystery and a little bit of general dampness. I live about two miles from the northern coast of the city and five miles from the west coast. I can hear the fog horns. Not sure if they're really that loud or if the acoustics of the cityscape help transport the low "mowwwwwwwow" sound to my little apartment, but it's really freaking cool. Hearing the fog horn makes me feel like I'm in a different time period (albeit one with internet access) or a different country - I guess just because it's new to me. One more reason why SF is awesome.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Fog is so my favorite weather phenomenon.