03 February 2008

half marathon results

My blog, so I get to brag a little when things go well.

Finished the half marathon well under my goal time. I was aiming for an eight-minute mile pace (1:45ish overall time), convinced myself that I would have been okay at 8:20 minute miles (1:49 overall time) and finished in 1 hour 42 minutes, which is a 7:47 minute mile average. Sweet, especially considering the cold, windy, rainy conditions! This race was really flat for San Francisco, so I imagine that my time would have crept up to that 8:00 minute pace if there were hills.

I'm feeling great right now (no pain in my foot, though I did get a little blister) and psyched to start training for the Wildflower Triathlon in early May.

Oh, and I enjoyed caffienated gels (Clif Shot espresso and mocha flavors) while running and am now having a nice cup of Blue Bottle Coffee brewed in my French Press. Ok, I lied about starting back up with coffee on Monday.

No comments: