Drive Your Bike to Work Day.
Did I mention that the Butter riders are a hilarious bunch?
Riders were given the option of riding their bikes OR hitching their bikes (that's the "driving your bike" part) to the top of the disco limo. Of course, the folks *in* the car then yelled things like "Get a car, you dirty hippies!" at all of us on the ride. Good times. I'm now sporting a temporary tattoo with the Drive Your Bike to Work Day on my right calf "so that other riders can see it when I pass them (recommended another rider)."

Here's a flickr site with pics from last year and the DYBTWD blog. http://www.driveyourbike.org/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/
1 comment:
That is hilarious. I've wanted to participate in Bike the Drive on Lake Shore Drive for several years now. I never did until last year, mainly because it seems counterproductive to drive my bike 50 miles round trip for a 30-mile ride. Especially when my everyday mode of transportation downtown is a train (which doesn't run early enough or allow enough bikes to be useful for Bike the Drive). So the ride fee goes to raise money for bike advocacy, but lots of participants like myself burn a couple of extra gallons of gas each to do it.
Oh, well - it was a great time, and I'm doing it again this year anyway. Now if only we had a disco van...
Post a Comment