Article here
I was super pleased to see Quivera's Zinfandel listed as a winner. It's one of my favorites. I've purchased their Zin at the tasting room and then also found their Hammerhead Zin at a nearby grocery store. Give it a try, if you can find it near you (and you like Zinfandel as much as I do!).
Zinfandel
Quivira 2006Sonoma, CA
PRICE: $34 | SCORE: 7.4
TASTING NOTES: Though Hernandez said, "No one knows what they want their zins to be when they grow up," Dutton was "amazed that with this ripeness, there is good acid balance." The experts detected a muted cherry-pie aroma; a taste that evoked toasted oak, bitter chocolate, and "bubblegummy fruit" (Wines); and "a 'pow' on the finish" (Dutton). Pair it with chocolate--especially mole sauce.
GREEN NOTES: Quivira, which is 100 percent organic and solar, has been working since 1998 to restore a nearby stream in which steelhead and salmon spawn.
1 comment:
Great article! Yay, green wine. :) Wow, I am a member of Handley's wine club and was there (and Fetzer) last weekend. How cool! I also really like the Bonterra cab! That's awesome!
Post a Comment