02 December 2009
Yesterday was World AIDS Day.
I wrote this little blurb and then didn't post it yesterday. It doesn't seem particularly mind-blowing, or interesting. But, let's face it, neither is the majority of the shit I post anyway. And since most of my readers are my friends, ya'll are a smart bunch of cookies anyway, (nom nom nom I love cookies) and know that AIDS is a big fucking deal. So here you go... some stuff that you already know, but I'm telling you again anyway, because it was on my mind on World AIDS Day.
----------------
HIV+ people can live healthy, wonderful lives for a long time, given proper treatment. And this is good, very good. (The cost, and world-wide availability of this treatment is another topic entirely.) Regardless, existing drug therapies that limit the impact of the virus makes me optimistic for a true cure. That cure does not yet exist and people die from AIDS.
Get tested and be safe.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment