09 September 2010

If we're keeping score...

Went on a date last night, kind of maybe leaning towards friend territory. Could be because the three dates have been kind of spaced out. Date #1 - drinks, Date #2 - lunch, Date #3 - dinner.

Anyway, the scene.
9pm, after a long day for me... Swim, work, spin. So I'm tired. Ethiopian restaurant, near my house. Very chill, kind of random vibe - bar in the front, homey restaurant in the back with a pool table. We're ordering and I ended up asking for a Bud Light. I wanted a beer, but really knew that I'd pass out immediately if I had something more substantial. I expressed my embarrassment. We laughed at my choice and discussed appropriate times for such beers*.  Ultimately, he said,

"That's okay. You've got cool points to burn."

Nicest thing a guy has said to me in a long time. 

Oh, and I still ended up finishing dinner by saying that, despite the fact that I was enjoying talking with him, I needed to go home and go to sleep.

*San Francisco is so not a Bud Light town, which sometimes sucks. I like a Coors/Miller/Bud Light now and then.

No comments: