I was out last night at a coworker's birthday happy hour and was chatting with a woman who used to work in our group (and left before I joined). I've met her a few times, but we're not tight, yo. Somehow, the conversation turned to her saying that she's always trying to hook people up. Sweet. I say to add me to her list.
"What's your type?"
Oh no. Anxiety. I don't know My Type. I'm open. I'm free. I'm trying new things...
"They should have a hobby. Something that they're into and like to do - like a sport. And have a strong personality."
Strong personality? WTF does that even mean? Anyway...
Before I could go on to include smarts, sense of humor and the like...
BAM!
I'm apparently going to the movies with her and another friend - and her BEST GUY FRIEND on Monday. Her BEST FRIEND. Who...
"What's your type?"
Oh no. Anxiety. I don't know My Type. I'm open. I'm free. I'm trying new things...
"They should have a hobby. Something that they're into and like to do - like a sport. And have a strong personality."
Strong personality? WTF does that even mean? Anyway...
Before I could go on to include smarts, sense of humor and the like...
BAM!
I'm apparently going to the movies with her and another friend - and her BEST GUY FRIEND on Monday. Her BEST FRIEND. Who...
- Lives near San Jose. I have no car. Repeat, I have no car. The train to San Jose is over an hour (heck, even the drive is about that) and then I'd have to get from there to the other town.
- Is divorced (actually less of a concern than the geographic issue)
- Has a four year old child. Uh. This is more of a concern than the geographic issue. I've always checked the "does not have kids" box when doing online dating. I don't think I'm ready to be any sort of mom-figure and... well, the list could go on and on. However, a very good friend of mine recently started dating a man who has a daughter and is super happy.
- Is a runner and ran in college
- Looks cute in the little iPhone pics
- Apparently owns his house, which is no small feat in his area. I'm taking this to mean that he's smart (which was an uncommunicated part of the 10 second "my type" conversation)
- His ex-girlfriend and I look a lot alike, only I'm "not a midget" (her words, not mine). Apparently she was like 4'10" and this occasionally wasn't cool for the guy. At 5'3", it is rare that I am the taller alternative.
No comments:
Post a Comment