04 January 2010

Resolution #1 and slow cooker stuff



New year's resolutions like "be more organized," "productive" or "eat better" are admirable, but all murky and not easily measured. And easily failed. I like the idea of a fresh start and self-improvement. I know I could write a long list of things to work on, but why not resolve to do something that I'll actually be able to successfully accomplish?


Here's one to start:
Donate blood. Tried last year and couldn't do it because my iron level was too low. Imma gonna hop myself up on spinach in the days prior to blood donation and DO IT! The Blood Center comes through my work every so often. Stay tuned for an update here. And bug me if you don't hear anything about it by March. :)

Do you have any resolutions?
-------------------

Found a link to some slow cooker stews that don't all involve Campbell's cream of mushroom or tomato (which, by the way, lists high fructose corn syrup among the many ick ingredients) soup. Check it. Planned dinner...perhaps a way to "eat better" and "be more organized." ;)

No comments: