06 July 2007

New apt...

Internet options:
1. Ask my neighbors if we can share. I haven't met my neighbors yet, but I have exchanged notes with my next door neighbor.
2. Just get internet service like the rest of the world. Pay the $20/month for the first X months and then switch providers so I don't go up to $50/month. Except that I don't need cable TV or a phone line. Damn.
3. Wireless WAN. Pricey, but sounds good in theory. My computer is connected to the internet wherever I go. Useful for school when I do my tour de coffee shops. No need to seek out free wifi (few available, as it turns out).
4. Suck it up for a while. Wait until school starts and then deal.
*sigh*


Transportation:
1. Parking my car is, to date, a mild pain in the ass. Moving it late Monday night was a bad idea. Note: if you're moving your car b/c of street cleaning the next day, do it EARLY.
2. I forgot where I parked and needed to move it again. I have mitigated this from reoccuring by texting myself with Fido's new location. (Fido, BTW is doing great. Except that the speedometer doesn't work. Ha!)
3. So many busses. And streetcars. It's insane. I need a route map. Or internet...
4. My commute to work is about half of what it used to take, living in the outer Richmond. Boo-yah.

No comments: