10 July 2007
Little Debbie Snack Cakes: Return of the Reduced Fat Oatmeal Cream Pie
Some of you are aware of my love of Little Debbies. This post will not be surprising. For those who think of me as "health conscious, athlete girl," this may strike you as a little odd. Then again, pretty much everyone knows how much I love chocolate chip cookies so... anyway...
OMG. The Castro Safeway (conveniently located near my bus stop) has Reduced Fat Oatmeal Cream Pies. We're talking Little Debbie nirvana here, people. I love RFOCP. I have not had one in YEARS. California has not grasped the beauty that is the Little Debbie snack cake. You can generally find Nutty Bars and the frosted cakes (yuck). Occasionally Star Crunch (yum). Sometimes Oatmeal Cream Pies, but NEVER the RF kind. My mom used to get them from WalMart near her house in Illinois, but then they stopped carrying them.
Let me tell you, the RFOCP is nothing like the regular OCP. It's got this wonderfully marshmellow-y filling and chewy outer cookies. I originally purchased it because it was RF... and this was probably in the heyday of the low fat everything. And I couldn't go back to the normal OCP!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Yay! Happy day for you!! Food can make me so happy too. I have been craving a donut with buttercream frosting...thankfully I know of no good bakeries down here that serve such a thing. So for now, my hips are staying slimmer because of that. ;)
I remember you having those at bash court!!!!
Oi, achei teu blog pelo google tá bem interessante gostei desse post. Quando der dá uma passada pelo meu blog, é sobre camisetas personalizadas, mostra passo a passo como criar uma camiseta personalizada bem maneira. Se você quiser linkar meu blog no seu eu ficaria agradecido, até mais e sucesso. (If you speak English can see the version in English of the Camiseta Personalizada. If he will be possible add my blog in your blogroll I thankful, bye friend).
Oh man... those are gooooood. I really don't need to get back in the habit of Little Debbies... or I'll start scarfing down boxes of snacky cakes and balloon up to 250 lbs. But maybe RF ones... yummmmm.....
Post a Comment