06 July 2007
Work-related fashion in downtown/financial district/SOMA in SF
One of these days I'll post some interesting environment-related news, but for now...
1. I dig that women wear flip-flops when walking from the bus/train to their office. A lot more flattering than the white socks & gym shoes, easier to hide in your bag later on and way more summery.
2. I do not get the leather jacket with the flip-flops, skirt & other work attire. Get yourself a nice trench coat. A sweater. Something. Leather jacket and/or winter-ish outerwear is okay in the evenings though. It's summer, but it's SF and it's in the 40s. Enjoy for evening. Not for the day.
3. Women dress sooooo much more stylish, cute, feminine, edgey, whatev in downtown SF than say, Silicon Valley. My work attire right now is basically the biz casual that I wore in the Valley. And it was appropriate there. Not too showy, conservative... I need to up my game in SF. Good thing I have a lot of stuff to bring to Crossroads (used clothing store). Hopefully they take some of it and I can get some new work wear.
Yeah, I'm labeling it knowledge. Knowledge is power (we all know that from after school specials). And fashion is power (I'm pretty sure someone has said something like that on Project Runway or something). So fashion is knowledge.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Haha - I thought the same thing when I was doing my recent work trip in Tokyo. It's been awhile since I've been in a "metropolitan" environment during work hours. I loved checking out everyone's cute work outfits - but also thanked my lucky stars that I don't have to deal with that on a daily basis here in Silicon Valley. (I'm too lazy and too cheap - HA!)
Post a Comment