New eating habit I'm trying out for now... a modification of The Paleo Diet. As the name implies, the Paleo Diet is supposed to be like eating what people did Back In The Day (and I don't mean the late 70s/early 80s) - caveman/huter-gatherer style. Meat, eggs, fruits, vegetables -> all in. Dairy, grains, tubers, legumes are out.
I think there's some BS here... Food preparation, no potatoes ?!?, the fact that old skewl cows actually ate grass, um, whole grains like quinoa, oats, amaranth are actually really good for you... Etc, etc. But, I've read that cutting out dairy has been shown to help with acne (yay!)... and I'm on this increased protein = decreased hungry feeling kind of kick.
My mods - tubers and legumes are IN! (Potatoes, soy) And I'll have some protein powder now and then - esp today's vegan Monday, when I left my edemame at home :(
Also, I just realized that I had a Clif bar this morning before working out. Damnit! Oh well.
I'm going to give it a shot for five days (Sun - Thurs) and see how I feel. Sometimes I feel like I overeat on something ( such as the delicious almond butter) when I might actually feel satiated by what I'm craving (bread/grains/chocolate/sugar).
Of course, life happens and if I find myself out somewhere, I'll go with the flow. Speaking of the flow... wine will be a-flowin this weekend! I'll be at a bachelorette party in Napa, eating copious amounts of bread and cheese and drinking wine all the live long day.
Maybe I'll figure out a new detox plan for next week. ;) Taking suggestions. As long as it doesn't require me to go a long time without eating, or drastically cut calories, or anything that would make me feel too cranky.
Oh yeah, so I found out about The Paleo Diet through Crossfit, aka Ninja Training. This is my fourth week of 2x a week there and it's been pretty rad. Let me know if you want to join me sometime!
No comments:
Post a Comment