18 November 2009

Feedback

I called Southern Comfort last night to end things with him. Not that there were "things" to end, but just more let him know that I wasn't interested. It ended up being a much longer conversation than I had expected - he was kind of surprised and felt like there was the potential for this to turn into something.

So, he decided to give me feedback. Which, is actually pretty cool. And kind of funny. Here's what I remember...

1. He was not initially attracted to me physically (this is really what you want to say to a girl that you're trying to get to change her mind and go out with you one more time), but I won him over with my brain and wit (damn straight, foolio). And then he found me attractive.
2. I seem obsessed with exercise
No surprise here. I'd skip a workout or move it around for someone I'm really into, but otherwise, it's business as usual.
3. My apartment is a turn-off. It's very small and seems temporary. There's no couch or place to sit down, other than the kitchen or the bed. And it doesn't really seem like a home.
Yep. This is true. I have never put much effort into my apartments. Not a priority. However, I'm open to improvements. Anyone want to come over and decorate for me? I'm serious. I'll give you money, you go buy stuff, throw things away and make my place look better. I still only have a 10x15 space to work with, two bicycles and a bed. So good luck.
4. I look better with my hair down and curly, instead of pulled back or straight.
5. I always seem busy

4 comments:

Sue said...

I like how the criticism is really an observation that you aren't that into him. score one for the keen insight southern comfort!

Janet said...

Wow. Just wow. I would have been so annoyed! What did you say back to him??

Amanda said...

That is so interesting! I totally would have liked to have gotten feedback from ex's. I think the only thing I ever heard was that my twin bed (back in the day) was a turn-off. ha! Oh and that I didn't share feelings. hee. I agree with Sue's comment on all the feedback though for sure.

kirby said...

Hahaha. I gave him a little feedback as well - that he came on too strong (his response - blaming it on his southern upbringing and that "when he sees something he wants he goes for it" um. I'm not a thing.), that I wasn't thrilled that he had two cars (he's planning to get rid of one) and then...

since I'm soooo mature, I told him that I generally prefer guys that are taller. And stronger.