Some things I have recently learned that I want to share:
1. You're only supposed to use one space between sentences. We all learned TWO spaces because typewriters used the same spacing for all letters, so the two spaces were necessary for seperation. One space is okay for computers because the letters now have their own spacing (some fonts excepted from this rule). -props to a pug-fan
2. Airfare to San Diego is really cheap right now. -Orbitz
3. I like Bloc Party -thanks to Small Child
4. Even adults have MySpace pages. Apparently it's a good way to find a date?!? I'm surely not going to have a blog and a MySpace, so this may be moving over, if I ever decide that I need in on that trend. -MEv
5. Biking in an area is a good way to get to know it. Knowing how to bike the route between my place andthe GG Bridge was really helpful in driving home on Saturday night.
6. ThinkPad's are not THE ULTIMATE in laptops. Everyone said that they are so reliable. My keyboard just died. Thank goodness for warranties. It goes back on Tuesday. For now, my roommate (thank you!) had an extra keyboard & my old work gave me my old laptop to do contract work.
7. 8 oz of sugar snap peas = not good for the stomach.
8. Good chocolate frosting can be made from sour cream and chocolate. -pug fan/baker extraordinaire
9. Low tide sometimes brings smelly jellyfishes to shore at Ocean Beach. -BF & BP
10. I *will* know by the week of April 16 if I am a finalist and get an interview for a supersweet summer CSR (Corporate Social Responsibility) internship.
I was in school this weekend and I swear I learned a lot. But that doesn't seem to be making it to this list. I think my brain's on school overload. I'll come back and drop some mad MBA or sustainability-related knowledge another time.
Sadness. Illinois and Wisconsin are out of the tournament. If only Illinois hadn't stopped playing the last five minutes of their game... totally missed Wisconsin though. I had Wisconsin going to the Elite Eight, so that's gonna hurt my bracket in the Backyard Goats league.
Baby goats = so cute.
Picture taken from :http://www.mccullagh.org/image/10d-14/baby-goat.htmlh.org/image/10d-14/baby-goat.html

4 comments:
hmmmm. One space, eh? That looks SO weird. There's no distinction between a comma and a period.
I have a myspace page. Make one and be my friend!
i *know*. the whole one space thing - it's really iffy. i'm trying it out though. we'll see how it goes. i'm sure it'd look better if i was capitalizing in this comment, fer shure.
i'll work on the myspace page & let you know if it happens.
There's no reason you can't have a blog and a myspace...
ok, so...
1) 1 space is nutz. 2 spaces or death.
4) Jim's right. and myspace is NOT a sub for a blog!
6) I blame globalization. before China bought IBM's laptops they were dem besten.
7) are you sure you didn't just eat those peas too fast?
8) omg, sour cream and chocolate... that sounds so good...
oh yeah... goats ARE super-cute. you need a pet goat!
Post a Comment