09 March 2007

Fruit bowl

Ripe pear saves area woman from chocolate.

That whole "keep a bowl of fruit in the kitchen" idea - you walk in the kitchen, wanting a snack. Instead of going for the chocolate, you're supposed to have the apple, or in my case, pear. It worked!

Well, it worked one time.

This afternoon I caved and enjoyed the dark chocolate chips. And I'm currently snacking on popcorn instead of a banana or grapefruit.

OMG! I want to see The Namesake, based on the book by Jhumpa Lahiri. It looks like the main character is the kid who played Kumar in Harold and Kumar Go to White Castle. Anyway, The Namesake is a really good book. I don't remember much about it though, other than really enjoying it.

Car-less days count: 1. Just today. I was in a car quite a bit yesterday as I was helping a dear friend go to the doctor. We'll see what happens this weekend.

1 comment:

Leah McLean said...

And that dear friend is me. Yes, thank you so much for spending time in a car to help me rid a terrible allergic reaction! Maybe I'm allergic to cars. City life is great for conservation. I rarely drive anymore either and I LOVE be able to walk everywhere. Now the only thing is how we figure out a deal w/ the automobile insurance companies that will allow us to only pay per those days we actually drive! Hmmm?!