14 March 2007

A recap.

I'm a student. I'm getting my MBA at the Presidio School of Management. It's a relatively new school in San Francisco and the program focuses on Sustainable Management. Awesome, very needed stuff in business today. More on that another time.

Anyway, our class schedule is set up such that we're only in class four days a month - Thursday through Sunday. Full eight hour days and then usually socializing afterwards. I've been hanging out with school friends a lot (ok, Monday and Tuesday) this week and it's been great! On Monday a group came over to study. We definitely goofed off and enjoyed the weather, but we got our work done too!
Yesterday I went mountain biking at China Camp.

Picture of China Camp taken from www.dirtworld.com/ - It looked a lot like this yesterday!

I am so fortunate to have new friends that waited for me and were positive about the whole mountain biking experience. Even though I was the last one to meet up at all of the different intersections, no one said anything about waiting - everyone was really positive. Thanks guys!

You see, I'm a really timid mountain biker. I don't have a lot of confidence that I can handle some of the terrain. And I need to practice. And I'm just generally kind of conservative when it comes to the possibility for injury. I don't like rocks or big gouges in the dirt (I call them ravines). There were some rough parts at China Camp, but it was overall an okay place for a relative newbie. There were some patches that were single (1.5?) track but rock-free. What an awesome feeling - "flying" through the woods.

I fell once, but that was just on a tight corner. My knee came down on some rocks, so I'll be feeling that for a while. It's scraped up a little & bruised. (I did eat a hamburger last night so the iron would help my injury. And I iced it yesterday. And am putting arnica gel on it and taking arnica.)

Hopefully I'll go for a walk along Ocean Beach this evening. Went with a friend on Monday after studying and it was amazing. There were so many sand dollars - at first we only found broken ones, but as we got further along the beach we found more whole ones than we could carry! I'd like to pack some up and send them to my mom, who loves the ocean. The sunset was beautiful. The contrast of the blue sky, pink clouds... the sunset reflecting on the shallow water... the green and tan ocean grass compared to the sky.

Yes, I am lucky to live near Ocean Beach.
I took this picture with my camera phone of the Golden Gate Bridge on my way back to SF from Marin.

2 comments:

Graeme said...

omg, red meat doesn't heal bruises!!! hahahahahaha

kirby said...

OMG. Red meat so heals bruises! Maybe you need to bone-up on your meat experience.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.