I just got back from the most fun I've had in a long time where there was no alcohol or nudity.
The Little Mermaid. Castro Theater. Five girlfriends. And an entire crowd that was as into it as we were (or more!). There were folks who showed up in costume... An emcee who got us psyched up by bringing the costumed attendees on stage for a contest and singing Under the Sea... Gift bags with a crown, a necklace, noise maker, glow stick, bubbles and one of those "Happy New Year" sort of things where you pull the string and it makes a big POP sound and ejects little streamers. The movie was edited so the song lyrics were at the bottom of the screen - and we ALL SANG ALONG. I'm pretty sure I'm not going to have a voice tomorrow.
Seriously, next sing-a-long, everyone's going.
To use a phrase I first heard from JW, San Francisco "rocks so hard." Boo-yah.
Edit: I cannot believe that I forgot to give props to HW for organizing our attendance of the glorious event. Thank you, HW.
2 comments:
I KNEW I should have joined you guys!
*sigh*
I had so much fun! Thanks for joining me. It's so awesome to have friends who appriciate a good sing-a-long. :)
Post a Comment