29 August 2008

Spontaneity

So I ended up in Berkeley this afternoon to spend time with a good friend of mine before I start work on the 8th. The trip to Berkeley was a pretty last minute decision - I had my morning planned out and was thinking I'd be back home by noon... instead I was getting on BART to head east! I was really happy with my independence and ability to get all over SF and over to East Bay using bike and BART.

Until it came time to come home. See, it was a. warm out earlier today and b. we ended up doing some shopping. I was wearing shorts and sandals and had my bike. I was clearly ill-prepared for trekking back to SF now that the temps had dropped from the 80s to low 60s(?) and didn't have a good way to carry my newly purchased work clothes (so cute!). My friend helped me out with a backpack, lights for my bike and I was good to go. I made a comment about poor planning and she said (something like), "Poor planning... or being spontaneous and living in the moment (or taking advantage of opportunities?)" Anyway, if you read this, MW, please correct me. But I dig the sentiment and hope to continue to plan when needed ... and be spontaneous when possible.

Also... props to the Cheeseboard in Berkeley. Fine, fine pizza. And to MW, for helping me shop!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Any time, my dear. And I think I said "Not poor planning. Spontanaeity." But all that other stuff works too. :)
-MW