I learned a new word from AM! She learned about it from running blogs, but I'm guessing that it holds true for pretty much any self-propelled athletic endeavour.
Chicked: When a guy is passed by a girl
"I totally got chicked on that long climb out of Sausalito."
A girl, then, chicks a guy when she passes him.
"That guy was such a jerk when he cut us off at that light. He's going to get chicked going up Arguello."
If you've ever run or biked with me, you know that I get a huge pleasure out of chicking. No good reason, but it may have to do with a conversation that took place a few years back after a century ride (100 mile bike ride).
There were four of us doing a century in Marin County - three guys, one of them was my Ex - bf at the time - and me. Ex rides with me for most of the way. Our other two friends are hammering away. Around mile 75 or so, Ex decides he's going to go faster for the last 25 miles. I'm riding along by myself at my own pace and catch up with our other two friends. They're going pretty slowly and are wiped out from riding so hard early on. When we all get to the end, the conversation went something like this:
Friend 1: I totally bit it there at the end. I went out way too fast.
Ex: Oh, that's too bad. I was able to cruise the last 25 miles because I had been riding with K the whole time.
I'm sitting right there. I know I'm not as fast as the guys, but I'm not that slow. Besides, we're talking 100 miles here, people.
Well, to this day... I get a kick out of chicking dudes. Especially when they're assholes.
No comments:
Post a Comment