21 October 2009

Belated weekend dating update

Wow. Thanks for all the advice about SST.

Amanda pointed out that I failed to update on Cutie. He's cute. And a little too "fresh out of college" still for me, just in the way he talks about his friends and drinking, etc. Also, a huge turn-off (Ugh. Please, there must be a better way to say that. Not my favorite phrase.) for me is listening to a guy complain about things being expensive. *I'm* not rich. I know that shit is expensive sometimes. But I don't want to hear about how you don't go to the movies because you just can't justify the $12 ticket. That's something my mom (love her, really) would say. Why are we out to dinner? I can't help but think about that when you say, "I've got it" about the check. I feel like an ass then.

Caveat - bitching about something like how expensive it is to buy a house, or tuition or something like that. Totally fine. But normal stuff? Don't tell me about how you save so much money by drinking at home instead of out at a bar - especially if we are in one.

Anyway... he still has my camera so I'll either have to see him again, or maybe he can drop it off for me.

Onward.

SST, or "Southern Comfort," as coined by CP.
We had made tentative plans for Saturday night towards the end of coffee, but then I said I needed to think about it, due to the whole age thing. You all are fantastic with your comments. Really, I loved hearing from you. So, I did email him back...after making him wait/suffer a few hours ;) and told him that I'd like to see him again. We emailed back and forth that afternoon and at some point I found out that my Friday evening plans fell through... and took him up on his offer to go to dinner. Why not? It's not every day that I meet someone and have fabulous, comfortable conversation and flirting, right? And let's not forget the kissable part.

Without going into tons of details... we ended up having dinner on Friday night, kind of last minute and then Saturday, as planned. And then he brought take out over to my place yesterday. Yes, this is a lot in a short period of time. But, whatever. Fun. SST/SC is charming and outgoing. The kind of guy who has a conversation with the bartender and knows people at various restaurants and could get dropped into a party and have a great time. He is generous with compliments and invitations - such as to join him and a friend at brunch on Sunday. But...

He has two (WTF?) cars. Neither is particularly great on the gas mileage.
He drinks bottled water sometimes (but then asked if it was okay to just use a filter, so there's potential for conversion there).
He does not seem sold on municipal composting.
I'm not sure if he's into outdoorsy stuff at all, but he does have a commuter bike and a surfboard.
He is, at least, acting, like he's really, really into me. It's kind of overwhelming. I don't want an insta-boyfriend.

Said that my cat is fat and made fun of her. Poor thing. Otherwise, got along with her quite well.
Oh, and there are the previously discussed issues. The 42 and short&slim.

Spork and I haven't gone out again. He called about going out on Sunday, but I was exhausted. I may try going out with him again, but with the potential to have the "you're still technically married, let's be friends (cuz he really does seem cool)" conversation.

And those are all the updates I have for now. I may email a few new guys tonight. We'll see.

2 comments:

Amanda said...

YAY! I was just going to write (aka bug you) to see what the scoop was.

On Southern Comfort... I find your potential deal breakers quite fun (drinks bottled water) and so different than mine!! Hmm - he does sound a bit over eager. I mean, that could be good if you were really into him, but it sounds a bit like he really wants to go quick in the relationship dept. Maybe it's the age? Sounds like a good buddy - but you need better my dear!! And totally don't like that he made fun of your cat!!

Cutie sounds lame. I agree that his conversations sound horrible. Again - you deserve better. And why does he have your camera!?

Drop Spork...you got better things to do with your time than get wrapped up in his drama!! ;) I am so mean. Thanks for letting me live vicariously through you!

Gretchen said...

Totally concur with Amanda. Bring on a new set of guys.