01 October 2009

Normally I wouldn't laugh at someone's food log...

I am inspired and awed by all of the bloggers who are able to post their food online for the world to judge. It takes guts, will-power, good organization skills and probably a little OCD. I've got maybe, one and a half of those traits. However, my ninja training gym has a forum where people post their workout and nutrition logs - just written down - no pictures needed. Some are really detailed, others are not. I'm a little put off by the "nutrition" thing, rather than "food" or "eating," but... hey, that's really what it's all about, right? Nourishment. There just happen to be some mighty tasty ways to get those nutrients in your body :)

I've been logging my workouts now for the past month* (yeah! ninja training one month mark!) and will be starting to write up my daily**, um, the daily plate? That would be kind of funny, considering how little I actually use plates. I'm more likely to use a bowl, or - during the work day, some sort of plastic container.


Anyway, to the funny part, and the impetus for this post. Here is an example log that I found HI-larious.


24 hour fast for Yom Kippur

Hickory bacon cheeseburger w/ avocado, french onion soup w/ garlic bread, strawberry shake, fruit


Seriously? You're going to FAST for Yom Kippur and then have BACON?!? You couldn't just have the bacon on a non-holiday day? If only I knew this guy. He would not hear the end of that one.

Ok, ok. Yes, maybe it's more of a soul-cleansing fast and the dude grew up Jewish and doesn't usually practice, but decided he needed to take some time to reflect. Whatever. I maintain that this is funny.





*Let's not kid ourselves here. I won't remember to do this every day, nor will I want to do this every day. Baby steps, especially considering I feel like I eat for two people compared to some of the other women (and some men!) who are on the forum.

**if you're interested in taking a look at either of these logs, let me know and i'll send you the link or something

No comments: