I posted a while back about using your innertubes to make rubberbands.
Here's another great reuse idea - I hope it takes off!
Here's another great reuse idea - I hope it takes off!
IT Clips
IT stands for inner tubes, and the clips allow old ones to be turned into useful bungee-type cords instead of landfill cloggers. Quite a great green idea from young Gary Gruber of Boulder, Colorado. The length of the bungee or tie-down can be adjusted by cutting the tube or drawing it through the plastic clips. Metal hooks are included to expand the array of uses. IT Clips come in red, green, yellow or blue and are available at bike shops and hardware stores in North America and Australia. The size for road tubes costs $4-5; add 50 cents for the larger MTB tube size. The company can customize IT Clips for event promotion. There's a dealer locator on the website. http://www.IT-Clips.com
--------------------
If you check out the website, you see that the retailers are really limited and the owner doesn't seem to be doing any online sales. :( I hope that business goes well at the current locations and some other shops pick up on the idea. (like, uh, Sports Basement)
Found in the free Roadbikerider.com/ weekly newsletter. This week they reviewed a bunch of new products that were demoed at the recent Interbike convention

No comments:
Post a Comment