15 October 2009

Cutie, Spork, SST

Last weekend boy recap:
Saturday night - met a cute boy out (IRL, that's In Real Life). A friend of a friend. I thought he was with someone else... turns out he wasn't. I flirt back, upon realizing this... we share a cab back to our respective homes (there may have been a few kisses along the way to catch a cab) and are going out to dinner tonight (Thursday). He has my camera, so I *have* to see him again, but he's also very cute (that's the second time I said this, let's nickname him Cutie, even though it's generic) and seems fun. I mean, hey, he hit on a girl (me) wearing a mustache! (I was there for a birthday party - and the bday girl said to wear mustaches. Who am I to argue?) He's kind of a baby (27), but I'd date someone four years older - why not four years younger?

Uh, I have nothing snarky to say about Sunday's date. Spork was really nice. We had good conversation and even chatted a little about online dating and our experiences. Apparently a lot of the chicks on OKCupid are really flaky, just want to email, or suddenly freak out about meeting someone they met online in person because of the potential safety risk. I'm happy to kill that trend. I don't like emailing for years on end without meeting in person. Builds it up way too much and you're better to know sooner, rather than later, if there's that click or not.

So... the only potential issue? Spork is still married. Yeah, I could get snarky about this one. But, they split up in early 2009 and then didn't do the paperwork until August. And now they have six months (CA law) until the deevorce is final. I'm not the one to say whether or not Spork's ready to have a girlfriend or date anyone seriously. Only he knows that. But, I'm not going to lie - this does not scream potential LTR. A married friend also said that I shouldn't make a habit out of dating married men, regardless of their separated status. I may or may not agree with that one, but saying, "call me in six months when you're actually divorced" may be a good idea.

Tomorrow I'm going out for coffee with the Southern Story Teller. We've been having delightful, witty email banter and he works nearby. I am looking forward to hearing his accent... which will either make me swoon or think he is really, really stupid. He also appears to have a Corvette, which would have been cool to me when I was 16 and into cars... but not so much now. But, he also has a cat and does yoga and stand-up comedy. SST also claims to be 5'8". 5'8", as you may recall, is one inch below my standard height requirement (5'9" - my height + 6". And no, I won't justify this ridiculousness. I know it's silly and I don't care.). 5'8" can be okay... but 5'7" is not so much okay. Then we're even running into "I could be bigger than you" territory and I have a really tough time with guys who do not seem physically bigger than me (again, silly and I don't care.).

So... to wear heels tomorrow or not?

4 comments:

cara said...

when it rains it pours my friend! maybe skip the heels for the first date. it is just coffee after all. when I did online dating I found that many, many of them were short. And I'm taller than you, so that makes them even shorter. :)

Anonymous said...

Cute flats, I say!

My friend met a guy she said was cool. Told us all about the date, and then goes, "the only problem? He just got divorced on Thursday." Thursday! Ha! Anyway, I'd steer clear of that one, especially since there are other options. :)

Diane said...

Maybe leave your 7" heeled, thigh high boots at home for this date. (What? I thought EVERYONE had a pair of those).

I had to turn down a 2nd date with someone because he was in the middle of a not-so-nice custody battle that was holding up the divorce. Did not want to be in the middle of that one.

Amanda said...

Ok - I am lame - found the write-up! ;)

Going thru divorce?! ugh. Drop him. And yes, need much more snark. You are way too nice!! Hmm, maybe you're just not as jaded a person as I was. I actually really enjoyed ripping guys to shreds...it was a hobby that everyone (except for the guy) knew... hahah

Looking forward to hearing more about Cutie!