16 October 2009

DOOOOOOOD.

Southern Story Teller is cute and we had a great coffee date. He brought me chocolates from See's and was wearing a stylish blazer with jeans, which is a guy look I totally love. Conversation was kind of bouncing all over the place and we were comfortable cutting each other off mid-thought and telling funny stories - not the interview-style first date that's all too common.

He's not tall. 5'8" is probably about right. And lean, so it's totally possible that I'd have the "I'm bigger than him" freak-out if we were to make out. He does look extremely kissable though.

BUT!!!
He lied about his age. WTF?!?! Apparently, one of his girl friends told him to say he's 36 because he doesn't really look like his real age, which is 42. 42. (I'm 31.) He was extremely apologetic about the whole thing and totally embarrassed. Of course, this was towards the end of our coffee break date, which - by that time I was totally thrilled to have met someone where there's the instant (in-person) conversation/flirting/cuteness/chemistry thing.

We discussed going to dinner on Saturday. I don't know. I've been purposefully leaving Saturday open to either do a last minute call to Spork (who said he was free and likes being spontaneous) or SST or friends or just kickin it at home with my cat and some hulu.com (Glee!!!). I am thrilled about the chemistry with SST and would have gone out with him again in a heartbeat... but do I give him a second chance?

8 comments:

Diane said...

I'd give him a 2nd chance, since he did come clean right away and because he seemed embarrassed by it. Unless 42 is just way outside of your age range. But if the chemistry is good, maybe the age doesn't matter?

Anonymous said...

It all depends on your goal here. If you want LTR, then nix it. I mean, instead of omitting the information at the beginning, he straight up lied.

Sue said...

give him a chance - I suspect height is much more important to you than age. ;-)

And for the record, I highly doubt that you are *actually* bigger than anyone who isn't a fetus. ;-)

Amanda said...

I second Sue's comment about you not being big...

Hmm - yea - if you really want LTR, maybe this really isn't your guy. But I don't know - I would give it a second chance and then decide for good.

Where's there write up on Spork?! Did I miss?

Anonymous said...

You should totally date him if for no other reason than we can both be dating people 10 years older than us. ;) - HW

MW said...

I think the age would be a reason to avoid someone you hadn't met and thus knew nothing about, but since you've met and like him, I wouldn't screen him out due to age. (Of course you should never let him live it down and scold his friend if you ever meet her.)

At least it sounds like you can have some fun. And See's candy!!! Trite, but delicious! :)

Janet said...

I don't know...he sounds cool but I have to say the lying creeps me out a bit! Then again, my friend and her husband both lied about their ages when they met (she was 20 and using my ID, he was 30). They just had a baby (7 years later). So there's that angle, too...

Jim said...

he lied....cut him off.