28 October 2009

Ba-ay Bridge is fal-ling down. Fal-ling down. Fal-ling down.

An AlertSF email:

The Bay Bridge remains closed indefinitely with no estimate for re-opening by Caltrans. Please avoid impacted areas and utilize alternate forms of transportation. No further AlertSF notifications will be made unless there is new information about the expected opening.

(Ok, I made one little edit. The email came with indefinitely spelled indefinately and so I fixed it.)

Oh, and "a lot of people" = 280,000 cars. Dayum. I am happy to not be one of them as part of my daily (all in-town) commute.
Background and informative article here.


2 comments:

Diane said...

Really sucks to be them.

On the other hand, I crossed the 35W bridge here in Minneapolis about 8 minutes before it collapsed into the river a few years ago, which is more fortunate than others were. It REALLY would suck to be them (or their Bay Bridg-ian equivalent should that collapse)!

kirby said...

Oh wow. Yeah, I forgot about that, Diane.

The Bay Bridge isn't really falling down, there are just a few pieces of it that came loose. I was just being insensitive and snarky.